We are thrilled you would consider joining us for our 2021 A Taste for Life (ATFL) event.
This year due to COVID 19 Pozitive Pathways (PPCS) is doing things a little different. We understand our wonderful restaurant partners are in need of support throughout this pandemic! So, instead asking for a donation of 25% of sales, we are supporting our restaurant partners by encouraging ATFL participants to order from participating restaurants anytime between April 21st, 2021 to May 1st, 2021! (No cost or money asked from the restaurant!)
How it works:
A Taste for Life, an annual fundraiser, takes place from April 21st, 2021 to May 1st, 2021 at various restaurants across Windsor-Essex & Chatham-Kent counties!
Folks in our community are asked to dine at participating restaurants where they will receive an ATFL Card containing a unique restaurant code to make a direct donation to Pozitive Pathways on our website using the code.
Local community sponsors are partnered with restaurants and match any donation made by using that restaurant’s unique code.
Click the flyer to view larger.
Looking to get involved in A Taste for Life?
Choose the tabs below for more details.
- 1. General Information
- 2. Community Support
- 3. Volunteer
- 4. 2021 Participating Restaurants
- 5. Sponsors
- 6. Raffle Prizes
What is A Taste for Life?
A Taste for Life began in Ottawa in 1999 when Bruce House, the ACW’s counterpart in the nation’s capital, and The Snowy Owl AIDS Foundation successfully collaborated with 10 local restaurants. Patrons were invited to spend a special evening in their favourite establishments and each restaurant agreed to donate a portion of the evening’s gross revenue from all food and bar sales, excluding taxes, to the charities. A Taste for Life is now nation-wide with 20+ participating cities and regions and has adapted to new needs during the pandemic.
How do I support A Taste for Life?
It’s simple! Order takeout or delivery from a Participating Restaurant on between April 21st, 2021 to May 1st, 2021, and make a donation using the ATFL restaurant card! Bring your friends, family, coworkers, clients, or just treat yourself! Everyone is invited to dine out for a great cause.
All Taste Diners are also eligible to enter to win one of many raffle prizes simply by participating and eating out!
Won’t be in our area on May 1st? Keep an eye on our social media for other ways to donate or find a restaurant in a partner community by visiting www.atasteforlife.org and see a full list of participating communities across Canada!
What else can I do to support the event?
Follow us on social media, using the links below! Post with the hashtag #ATFL2021, and share our posts on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Help us get the word out!
Like the social media pages of the restaurants! They’ve generously agreed to participate in our event and we want to show our support all the ways we can.
What if I can’t make it out to eat that day?
No problem! You can make a direct donation to the campaign online, here! Full tax receipts are issued for all donations over $20! But, you will be missing out on a chance to win one of our many amazing raffle prizes.
- Recruitment: Connecting us with any restaurants or potential sponsors and distributing recruitment packages
- Partner Ambassador: Volunteer as a restaurant & sponsor ambassador – formal position description will be available in week 6 (next week). This essentially involves volunteering to contact participating restaurants and their partnered sponsors at several points leading up to, during, and after the event. You will be provided guidance in how to provide support and solicit feedback.
- Social Media Ambassador: Share our social media content on your own pages as well as sharing with anyone who may be interested in participating! This may also include finding other pages or locations which may be appropriate such as local events pages, or restaurant interest groups, etc. Or if you’d like- creating posts and content to be shared directly from our page!
- Distributer: Once cards and physical marketing content is developed, we will put together packages to be delivered to specific restaurants. You will receive your packages and physically (safely with contactless drop-off) deliver these packages to our participating restaurants.
Thank you to this year’s 2021 ATFL Participating Restaurants!
Interested in becoming a Participating Taste Restaurant?
Thank you to this year’s 2021 ATFL Sponsor!
Interested in sponsoring?
We have raffle prizes to go along with our event! Every donation using a unique restaurant code is eligible!
This year’s raffle prizes are still TBD.
Our first A Taste for Life, we gave away three amazing prizes to participants!
- 1st Place: Original Painting by local artist Asaph Mauer, valued over $600
- 2nd Place: Caesars Windsor Getaway Package
- 3rd Place: Windsor Spitfires Home Opener Tickets
- 4th Place: Pair of Detroit Tigers Tickets