Our Education & Outreach programs aim to reduce HIV transmission among at-risk members of priority populations by focusing on the following goals:
Enhance the capacity of local service providers and relevant stakeholders to address HIV risk.
Help create safe environments to support persons with lived experience and their HIV-related needs.
- Promote greater and meaningful involvement of people with lived experience in the response to HIV.
Our Priority Populations
GMSH (Gay Men & Sexual Health)
- Online Outreach using dating sites and hookup apps most frequented by 2-Spirit, gay, bisexual, trans, & queer individuals, and other guys (2S-GBTQ+). Staff are available to answer sexual health questions, encourage regular HIV and other STBBI testing, and make referrals to local health and community services.
- Social Nights geared towards 2S-GBTQ+ by providing an opportunity for them to meet. Activities are fluid and suggestions are always welcomed.
- Information booth at local events to provide one-on-one education, distribute sexual health information and supplies.
ACB (African, Caribbean, Black)
- Sister Circle in collaboration with the WHAI Program engages ACB women in discussions surrounding mental, physical and emotional health disparities and helps link them to culturally competent care.
- Engage community members in discussions surrounding HIV testing and distribute testing information to ACB retailers/business and locations known to be accessed by ACB community members.
- Outreach to Caribbean migrant workers in Leamington through site visits, community events and resource distribution at local establishments.
(Women & HIV)
- Women Supporting Women drop-in focuses on building community by creating a safe space for women to have sexual health discussions and access harm reduction and safe sex supplies.
- Engage women and service providers at local women’s shelters and or addictions programs to increase their HIV knowledge, reduce stigma surrounding sexual health and help women to better advocate for their sexual health needs.
- Outreach to help build relationships with women in the county by providing access to one-on-one sexual health discussions, referrals and supplies.
Click the links for information about our education options or to request a presentation.
If you’re interested in finding out more about our priority population programs email firstname.lastname@example.org.